Data Management for Medical Researchers
About this Event
Medical research is a unique field with many specialized needs. Specialized needs require specialized attention. Explore the unique aspects of data management requirements of medical research during this workshop on Thursday, April 19, 2018, from 10 a.m.-noon.
Learn how to plan and implement data management throughout the entire research process—from the inception of the research idea to long-term storage and access after the results are published. The workshop will cover elements of a data management plan, funding requirements, file formats, and short- and long-term storage strategies.
By the end of the workshop, you will walk out with the skills to:
- Recognize current and forthcoming requirements mandating the management and sharing of research data.
- Identify current requirements and issues around rigor and reproducibility.
- Apply best practices for creating and documenting file names, variables and workflows.
- Identify appropriate options for storing and preserving research data.
- Locate appropriate standards, if any, and recognize their value for research.
- Evaluate repositories and determine best sharing option for data.
While the focus of this workshop will be medical research, all scientific disciplines can benefit from the materials that will be covered. This workshop takes place on STAR Campus.
While workshops are free of charge, registration is required as seating is limited. This workshop is open to UD students, faculty and staff.
Can’t make it? Watch this similar workshop from a recent semester.
If you have questions regarding workshops, please call 302-831-2432 or email email@example.com.
Note: This workshop will be held on STAR Campus Atrium, not in Morris Library.
You may also be interested in these additional data workshops:
Researching and Exporting Data with PolicyMap on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 9 a.m. to noon
Getting Started with ArcGIS Online on Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 9 a.m. to noon
Digital Scholarship Method Series: Introduction to Data Collection
- Thursday, March 8, 2018, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, March 15, 2018, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, March 22, 2018, 1 to 3 p.m.
Creating and Sharing Your Data with ArcGIS Online Story Maps on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 9 a.m. to noon
Getting Started with ArcGIS for Desktop I on Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 9 a.m. to noon
Getting Started with ArcGIS for Desktop II on Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 9 a.m. to noon